"8. We often betray ourselves by giving into the demands of people whom we perceive as being in "authority."
9. We operate out of the mini-crisis mode, using this as an escape from our true emotions.
11. We have an obsessive desire to understand everything in our lives, including our every emotion. We cannot allow ourselves to experience emotions we do not understand, fearing our loss of control.
12. We have an underlying fear that if we give up control and allow our emotions to surface, we will become raving lunatics for the rest of our lives.
13. We judge ourselves by our accomplishments and hence have the illusion that we must always be in the process of accomplishing something worthwhile in order to feel good about ourselves.
14. We cannot sit down and just be."
Today, let go of your desire to understand your every emotion. Let your emotions "be" and treat them with compassion. Today, notice your tendency to judge yourself by your accomplishments. To the best of your ability, just tenderly love and accept yourself for who you are right now.